Ernie chocolate soufflé cake
Cooking time: 1hr
340g dark chocolate
1 vanilla bean
5 eggs, separated
125g plain flour
1. Preheat the Electrolux steam oven to 150°C using the Electrolux steam function. If you don’t have a steam oven then add a tray of boiled water underneath.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate on a saucepan under low heat. Once melted take off the heat
and whisk in the vanilla bean seeds and a pinch of salt.
3. Add 1 egg yolk at a time, making sure the yolk is whisked quickly until combined.
4. Sift in the flour then fold the flour into the chocolate mixture with a spatula until combined.
5. Whisk the egg whites in an electric mixer until it froths, then gradually add in the sugar
6. Continue whisking until it reaches soft peaks.
7. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, adding a quarter at a time, mixing well after
8. Pour the mixture into a greased 16cm spring form cake tin and bake for 30 mins or until an
inserted skewer comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10 mins before turning out of the cake tin.
10. Serve with mascarpone or vanilla ice cream.